Food and Beverage Jobs
Our Food and Beverage department touches nearly every one of the events or meetings we have at The Monument! We strive to provide an exceptional experience to all of our cients and guests!
We are looking for an ambitious Concession Stand Cook/Prep Cook for a fast-paced environment in our concessions, area. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and prepping your food accordingly for service. You must be able follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules of the concession area. Flexible shifts and schedules available and competitive wages. Experience is a plus, but not required for this position.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Demonstrate safe food practices including preparation, handling, and storage.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Multitask to complete various duties.
- Assists in beginning and ending shift procedures.
- Ensures all food is cooked to a high standard including temperature, quantity, and presentation.
- Use a variety of kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Report directly to Head Chef/Kitchen Manager.
- Communicated in a positive manner.
- Uphold The Monument guidelines and standards of operation.
- Work as an effective member of a team.
- Maintain a strong sense of urgency for all needs.
Please thoroughly read through all minimum qualifications as outlined on the job description before applying. Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be accepted.
Age Requirement: Must be age 16 or older.
Education and/or Experience: One Year of experience in a commercial kitchen is preferred including knowledge and skills in food preparation, baking, and appearance preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours; Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 15 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment is generally indoors and the noise level is moderate to loud. Will occasionally work with large crowds and will be exposed to cleaning chemicals, knives, ovens and other kitchen machinery, as well as heat and humidity.
Days and hours vary, but include evenings and weekends.
Job Types: Part-time, Seasonal, Temporary
Pay: From $15.07 per hour
As an integral part of the Food and Beverage department, the Porter will assist in distribution of equipment and products, cleaning and maintenance of equipment including portable bars, concession appliances, and kitchen facilities to prepare for events. This is a part time event based position. Hours will vary based on happenings in the building.
1. Rotate product as it comes into the commissary.
2. Set up rooms for upcoming events with everything from equipment to forks.
3. Help keep equipment clean and items organized.
4. Report anything that doesn’t look good around the facilities to a manager.
5. Fill orders for active locations during an event.
6. Put inventory away when shipments come in
7. Other duties may be assigned.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: From $16.62 per hour